Social outreach is an integral part of Abitto’s approach to conducting business. We focus on sustainable development. Wherever we operate, every effort is made to improve quality of life while preserving traditional cultures and values. Our social responsibility goals are:
- To make a positive contribution to local communities
- To respect different cultures and the rights of individuals
- To promote and maintain honesty, integrity & high ethical standard
Abitto Global Services Limited personnel are committed to achieving these goals. Managers are responsible and accountable for upholding our Social Responsibility Policy. All company and contractor personnel must consider Social Responsibility in all their activities, and intervene when these goals are compromised. To ensure compliance with our Social Responsibility Policy we :
- Comply with the laws of the host community.
- Ensure that all staff and contractors are aware of the company’s commitment to Social Responsibility.
- Maintain high ethical standards throughout all interactions with local communities.
- Communicate our activities with the local communities taking into account local customs
- Identify, in partnership with local communities, social projects where we can make a positive contribution. These could include: Personal and community health support; Local infrastructure and access to sustainable energy and water supplies; Local education, and support primary schools for all; Sustainable community-led projects: agricultural, fishing, micro credit, etc
- Allocate necessary resources to fulfil our Social Responsibility role
- Manage all social projects in such a way that community expectations are met by defining clear objectives, and promising only what can be achieved; Keeping to agreed schedules; Sharing of knowledge and building of trust.
- Perform regular audits of all our activities, using these results to drive performance improvements.